6 April, 2015 – InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) today launches Build for Success, an innovative online platform, created to enable faster, more efficient development of Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels across the Asia, Middle East and Africa region.
Aimed at providing hotel owners and developers with the knowledge, tools and resources needed for the successful development of a Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express hotel, Build for Success provides a complete overview of the end-to-end design and development process. Upon the signing of a hotel management or franchise agreement, hotel owners and their teams can enjoy access to the platform which will help them:
- Understand the various stages involved in the development process and get a birds-eye view of the completed project
- Ensure their hotel design is consistent with guests expectations
- Reduce their design consultancy needs and corresponding costs
- Reduce their development and design risk
- Maximise revenue generating space in the hotels
- Increase speed to market
The platform, created by IHG exclusively for use by its hotel owner and development partners, is designed to be customisable according to local market requirements. Owners can directly download design files and adapt drawings to their sites. This ensures consistent brand standards across hotels whilst allowing room for adaptation to the needs of specific locations across the region.
Khirstie Myles, Vice President, Design and Engineering, AMEA, IHG said: “Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are two of the most globally recognised hotel brands and there is no doubt of their popularity amongst our guests. And with the higher and faster return on investment these brands can provide they draw considerable interest from our hotel owners and development partners. The Holiday Inn brand family currently accounts for over 60 percent of our development pipeline in AMEA – that means almost 90 hotels are due to open in the next three to five years.”
The platform contains three main components:
- The Guide: The tool begins with an introduction to IHG and the Holiday Inn brand family, as well as the design principles and design model of the brands. This section also features an interactive deep dive into the design direction for architecture, and the interior design of public areas and guestrooms.
- The Roadmap: This section shows the path to success. It defines the key roles in the design and build of a hotel and details the tasks and responsibilities for team members at every stage of development.
- The Base: This section houses the full suite of technical files and reference materials developers will need to successfully bring a Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express hotel to life.
“The Build for Success model is our solution to developing even better quality hotels under both brands and will help ensure our hotels open on time without sacrificing quality. We’re very excited to be introducing this new online platform and look forward to the great guest experiences it will help to create in our new hotels,” Khirstie added.
IHG has 109 Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels open across 27 countries in AMEA, and a further 89 properties due to open in the next three to five years.For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.